PRESS RELEASE ON FORMER NASSIT DDG
1. ANTI - CORRUPTION COMMISSION CATHEDRAL HOUSE 3 GLOUCESTER STREET FREETOWN SIERRA LEONE, WEST AFRICA 17th December, 2018 PRESS RELEASE SETTLEMENT WITH FORMER DEPUTY DIRECTOR - GENERAL AND THE RESIDENT ENGINEER OF NAS SIT TO REPAY 1.5 BILLION LEONES The Anti - Corruption Commission (ACC) wishes to inform the general public that it has entered into a settlement agreement with the former Deputy Director - General of the National Social Security and Insurance Trust (NASSIT), M r. Amara Kuyateh, and the Resident Engineer NASSIT, Mr. Franklyn Gerald O. Coker, in respect of investigations into funds meant for the NASSIT Sisimi Project. According to the agreement, Mr. Amara Kuyateh will pay back the total sum of One Billion Leones ( Le 1,000,000,000.00) within one (1) year. As part of the agreement, he has paid the sum of Two Hundred Million Leones (Le200,000,000.00) upfront to the Commission. On the other hand, Mr. Franklyn Gerald O. Coker will pay back the total sum of Five Hundr ed Million Leones (Le 500,000,000.00) within one (1) year . He has deposited the sum of One Hundred Million Leones (Le 100,000,000.00) with the ACC. Within the past five months, the ACC has recovered approximately Nine Billion Leones ( Le 9,000,000,000.00) which it will pay into the Consolidated Revenue Fund. The Commission will proceed with charges against other persons investigated in respect of the NASSIT/Sisimi funds for various conspiracy related offences. Meanwhile, the Commission wishes to further re - assure the general public that it shall not relent in ensuring that public funds are protected, and where necessary, recovered. For further enquiries, please contact Margaret Murray , Public Relations Officer, on Tel: +232 25 428081. ........................................ PATRI CK SANDI DIRECTOR, PUBLIC EDUCATION AND OUTREACH
- 5293 Total Views
- 4117 Website Views
- 1176 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 62 www.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 25 18.104.22.168
- 2 www.pnb.gov.sl
- 19 www.anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 9 anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 29 22.214.171.124:8069
- 9 anticorruption.gov.sl
- 7 webdisk.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 4 google.com'
- 1 www.google.com
- 5 126.96.36.199:8072
IACAlumnus_Jul_2018_online18097 Views .
Commissioner's Profile14598 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 2016 (2017) FINAL11985 Views .
NACS ACTION PLAN11857 Views .
ACC ANNUAL REPORT FOR 201710765 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 201410757 Views .
National Anti-Corruption Strategy 2019-202310741 Views .
-Draft-SALWACO-SERVICE-CHARTER10358 Views .
ACC Act 200810317 Views .
Reports Curbing Salary Double Dipping in MDAs10221 Views .
NACS NATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION STRATEGY 2018-202010199 Views .
CURRENT CASES IN COURT9780 Views .
CURRENT ACC CONVICTIONS FROM 2000 TO 20189626 Views .
ELECTRICITY service_delivery_charter_EDSA9470 Views .
Police Service-Delivery-Charter-2015-final-29423 Views .
2019 Comms Strategy_FINAL8773 Views .
Press Release - ACC Head Office8642 Views .
APPEAL CASES8460 Views .