The Anti-Corruption Commission is seeking out a suitable qualified Sierra Leonean to fill the position of IT Specialist on a three (3) months contract
REPORTS TO: PROJECT COORDINATOR
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To ensure the management, administration, maintenance and updating of the ERP platform, other software applications and Call Centre System as well as providing technical support to staff.
TASKS AND DUTIES:
· Installation, configuration, service, repair and maintenance of information technology systems in both a stand-alone and the server environment
· Installation of new hardware and software components as well as software applications on the computer systems.
· Installation and configuration of wireless networking equipment
· Analyze logs to improve system and network performance, isolate and detect failures, and identify malicious activity
· To provide training to new employees, users and technical teams.
· To offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT department
· To consult with IT Manager on any issues that might come up and advice about potential fixes or efficiency controls.
· To participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the Commission and ensure that system hardware, operating systems and software systems are fully operational.
· To advise the Commission on potential improvements to the different systems, and to keep abreast with new developments (new software) of relevance.
· To develop new strategies and procedures to increase efficiency and enhance workflow.
· To assess IT infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands.
· To provide complete technical support to staff (Users) in case any problem arises in the system.
· To assist in reviewing service provider performance, identify and confirm performance problems and notify IT Manager.
· To support IT manager in team management function as and when necessary.
· To provide information related to the working of the ERP or other software programmes or applications to users.
· To provide technical support to staff and assist in training them on the ERP and information systems.
· To prepare reports on the performance of different software programs and hardware components and submit to the IT Manager.
· To provide support in network management, software development and database administration.
· To maintain problem documentations and their resolution procedures for reference procedures.
· To assess potential risks and technical challenges and prepare appropriate mitigation plans.
· To undertake any other tasks assigned by the IT Manager.
· Must have an Honours Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science and/or professional experience in a related field
· Diploma and/or professional certificates in Hardware, Software and Networking engineering.
· Must have four years experience working in an IT environment.
· Knowledge in software and hardware engineering.
· Knowledge in TCP/IP networking
· Detailed working knowledge of server virtualization & cloud hosting
· Strong knowledge of installation, configuration and troubleshoot of webservers, DNS, email, database management software & firewalls
· Solid knowledge in Linux administration
· Knowledge of performance and availability monitoring tools such as Nagios, Cacti and Zabbix
· Excellent knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Python, PhP, etc.)
· Good interpersonal relationship.
· Good Communication skills
· Ability to Multitask
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE: 3 months contract with attractive remuneration package.
Please submit your Covering letter, CV and copies of certificates to the under-mentioned address not later than 15th July 2020.
THE DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCES
3 GLOUCESTER STREET
Each application form should be forwarded with one (1) passport sized photograph.
The Commission being an equal opportunity employer strongly urges females with requisite qualifications to apply and compete for the position on offer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.