Sierra Leone Police Response
PNB - Sierra Leone Police 26 September 2017
The Sierra Leone Police – Response Summary
26 June – 26 September 2017
|Services Reported||I Paid a Bribe||I Did not Pay a Bribe||I Met an Honest Official||General Actions Taken||Specific Actions Taken|
|Bail||406||16||14||1. The SLP Multi-Agencies checkpoints to conduct stakeholders meetings on the PNB Platform. It has been discovered that some checkpoints are multi-agency checkpoints (Mile 38, Pamlap, Mange, Bandama, Nano Junction, Moalaetc) These checkpoints operate alongside agencies like Timber Association, Veterinary Officers, National Revenue Authority, Office of National Security, Traffic Wardens, They all collect revenue on behalf of their organizations. This could be reported as bribes given to the police at these checkpoints. There is a need for a meeting of all these stakeholders which is SLP is now working on. Meeting is being planned.|
2. Regular parade briefs. Force-wide sensitization. Staff rotation
3. Force wide sensitization on the PNB.
4. Step up on PNB pro-action drives and monitoring resource allocation.
|1. Issued Zero tolerance Administrative warning.|
2. Rotation of Regional and Divisional Traffic commanders in Bo district. Similar actions are being taken in Bombali district.
3. Furthermore, personnel at the regions and divisions have been strongly admonished to desist from engaging in bribery and extortions or face dire consequences when found wanting. The situation is closely monitored for defaulting personnel.
|Covering up Evidence||29||1||–|
|Police Report and Investigation||127||11||12|