ACC PAYS OVER Le 474 MILLION TO THE CONSOLIDATED REVENUE FUND 2
1. ANTI - CORRUPTION COMMISSION CATHEDRAL HOUSE 3 GLOUCESTER STREET FREETOWN SIERRA LEONE, WEST AFRICA TEL: 232 - 22 221468 FAX: 232 - 22 221900 Date: 8 th September 2014 PRESS RELEASE ACC P AYS OVER Le 474 MILLION TO THE CONSOLIDATED REVENUE FUND The Anti - Corruption Commission on Monday 8 th September 2014 at S tate H ouse presented to His Excellency the President Dr. Ernest Bai Koroma, the sum of Le 474,300,000 (four hundred and seventy four mi llion, three hundred thousand Leones) as monies recovered in the fight against corruption. The Commissioner Joseph Fitzgerald Kamara in making the presentation assured the President that as the ACC continues to pursue its mandate undaunted; the Commission will monitor closely the receipt and disbursement of public funds during this health emergency. He further expressed hope that our country will overcome the Ebola pandemic. In his response, the President registered confidence in the work of the Commission and noted that “the public health emergency is not a suspension of the Anti - Corruption Act 2008; and that all those responsible for the management of public funds must ensure compliance with the principles of transparency and accountability. ” Whilst notin g the statutory duty of the Commission to make the payment, the President was particularly appreciative of the timeliness of the presentation, especially at a time when government is harnessing resources to meet the challenges of the Ebola pandemic. In a related development , the Commission notes recent publications in respect of Transparency International (TI) rankings. The Commission wishes to state that there is no Corruption Perception Index (CPI) for 2014 as to date; and neither has Sierra Leone been l abeled as the most corrupt countr y by TI at no point in time. The 2013 TI CPI report ranked Sierra Leone 119 out of 177 countries as distinct from the TI Global Barometer Report . Since 2010 Sierra Leone has moved 39 spaces progressively on the TI I ndex. A s always , the Commission continues to assure the general public of its resolve in the fight against corruption in Sierra Leone. ------------------------------------------- KOLONEH SANKOH (M s) DIRECTOR, PUBLIC EDUCATION AND OUTREACH
- 4407 Total Views
- 3525 Website Views
- 882 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 LinkedIn
- 0 Google+
- 32 18.104.22.168
- 37 www.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 4 www.pnb.gov.sl
- 14 www.anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 10 anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 17 22.214.171.124:8069
- 8 anticorruption.gov.sl
- 8 webdisk.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 4 google.com'
IACAlumnus_Jul_2018_online15804 Views .
Commissioner's Profile12239 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 2016 (2017) FINAL10430 Views .
NACS ACTION PLAN9774 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 20149355 Views .
ACC ANNUAL REPORT FOR 20179228 Views .
-Draft-SALWACO-SERVICE-CHARTER8902 Views .
NACS NATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION STRATEGY 2018-20208885 Views .
National Anti-Corruption Strategy 2019-20238731 Views .
ACC Act 20088689 Views .
Reports Curbing Salary Double Dipping in MDAs8636 Views .
CURRENT CASES IN COURT8364 Views .
CURRENT ACC CONVICTIONS FROM 2000 TO 20188279 Views .
Police Service-Delivery-Charter-2015-final-27857 Views .
2019 Comms Strategy_FINAL7741 Views .
ELECTRICITY service_delivery_charter_EDSA7650 Views .
Press Release - ACC Head Office7268 Views .
APPEAL CASES7202 Views .