TI INDEX 2015 - SIERRA LEONE MAINTAINS ITS RANKING ON THE TI GLOBAL CORRUPTION PERCEPTION SURVEY
1. ANTI - CORRUPTION COMMISSION CATHEDRAL HOUSE 3 GLOUCESTER STREET FREETOWN SIERRA LEONE, WEST AFRICA TEL: 232 - 22 221468 FAX: 232 - 22 221900 28th January 2016 PRESS STATEMENT SIERRA LEONE MAINTAINS ITS RANKING O N THE TI GLOBAL CORRUPTION PERCEPTION SURVEY Transparency International (TI) on 27 th January 2015 released its Corruption Perception Index (CPI) 2015 with pockets of hope in the global campaign against corruption. However, in Su b - Saharan Africa, forty (40) out of the region's forty six (46) countries, show a serious corruption problem. Sierra Leone has been making steady progress in the fight against corruption moving up thirty - nine (39) spaces in the TI rankings from 158 in 200 8 to 119 in 2015. Of the 168 countries surveyed, Sierra Leone is ranked 119, ahead of 49 countries, including The Gambia, Nigeria, Guinea, and Cameroon in the sub - region. The TI press release that accompanied the report categorically stated that “corru ption can be beaten if we work together.” In order to “stamp out the abuse of power, bribery, and shed light on secret deals,” citizens must together stand up against corruption, the release added. T he CPI is an annual survey tool used by TI, the global civil society organization leading the fight against corruption, to assess perceived levels of public sector corruption across the world. The Commission wishes to assure all Sierra Leoneans of its relentless determination to curb corruption at all levels and in all sectors of the country. .......................................... SHOLLAY DAVIES ACTING COMMISSIONER
- 5337 Total Views
- 4421 Website Views
- 916 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 LinkedIn
- 0 Google+
- 31 126.96.36.199
- 6 anticorruption.gov.sl
- 45 www.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 4 www.pnb.gov.sl
- 5 anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 8 www.anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 12 188.8.131.52:8069
- 4 webdisk.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 4 google.com'
IACAlumnus_Jul_2018_online15804 Views .
Commissioner's Profile12239 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 2016 (2017) FINAL10430 Views .
NACS ACTION PLAN9774 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 20149355 Views .
ACC ANNUAL REPORT FOR 20179228 Views .
-Draft-SALWACO-SERVICE-CHARTER8902 Views .
NACS NATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION STRATEGY 2018-20208885 Views .
National Anti-Corruption Strategy 2019-20238731 Views .
ACC Act 20088689 Views .
Reports Curbing Salary Double Dipping in MDAs8636 Views .
CURRENT CASES IN COURT8364 Views .
CURRENT ACC CONVICTIONS FROM 2000 TO 20188279 Views .
Police Service-Delivery-Charter-2015-final-27857 Views .
2019 Comms Strategy_FINAL7741 Views .
ELECTRICITY service_delivery_charter_EDSA7650 Views .
Press Release - ACC Head Office7268 Views .
APPEAL CASES7202 Views .