Press Release - HIGH COURT IMPOSES CUSTODIAL SENTENCE ON ELIZABETH KING FOR CORRUPTION OFFENCES
1. ANTI - CORRUPTION COMMISSION CATHEDRAL HOUSE 3 GLOUCESTER STREET FREETOWN SIERRA LEONE, WEST AFRICA TEL: 232 - 22 221468 FAX: 232 - 22 221900 Date: 2 7 th June, 2014 PRESS RELEASE HIGH COURT IMPOSES CUSTODIAL SENTENCE ON ELIZABETH KING FOR CORRUPTION OFFENCES The High Court of Sierra Leone , presided over by Justice M A Paul, has convicted and imposed a custodial sentence on Elizabeth King, staff of National Revenue Authority , NRA . I n his judgment delivered on 26 th June, 2014 , in the matter between the State vs Elizabeth King, the Judge found her guilty on two counts of Misappropriation of P ublic F unds contrary to section 36(1) and C onspiracy contrary to section 128(1) of the A nti - C orruption Act of 2008 . T he convict will serve a sentence of five years and in addition pay a fine of Forty five million Leones (LE.45, 000,000). According to the learned judge , ‘ anyone who is responsible for making a hole into the fabric of society poses a threat to the nation. ’ T his matter involves a T hree hundred and ninety - two million two hundred and thirty - eight thousand eight hundred and sixty - four Leones ( LE. 392,238,864 ) cheque paid by ADDAX Bio - Energy to the N RA that was converted into a private cheque and diverted into the account of Magsons Company operated by Solomon Katta and his wife Katheri n e Katta. A previous High Court ruling dated 3 April 2014 described Elizabeth King as the agent who took the said cheque to Eco - Bank for encashment. Th e matter was prosecuted by A dy Macauley on behalf of the ACC. Me anwhile, the third trial on the NRA - EcoBank matter , between the State vs Abraham Lavalie and others , is on - going with judgment pending . . ............................................... KOLONEH SANKOH (Ms) ACTING DIRECTOR, PUBLIC EDUCATION AND OUTREACH
- 3339 Total Views
- 2624 Website Views
- 715 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 27 184.108.40.206
- 4 anticorruption.gov.sl
- 31 www.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 8 www.pnb.gov.sl
- 12 anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 1 www.google.com
- 12 www.anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 12 220.127.116.11:8069
- 4 webdisk.anticorruption.gov.sl
IACAlumnus_Jul_2018_online12716 Views .
Commissioner's Profile10053 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 2016 (2017) FINAL8437 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 20147619 Views .
ACC ANNUAL REPORT FOR 20177408 Views .
NACS NATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION STRATEGY 2018-20207320 Views .
-Draft-SALWACO-SERVICE-CHARTER7288 Views .
NACS ACTION PLAN6713 Views .
Reports Curbing Salary Double Dipping in MDAs6586 Views .
ACC Act 20086559 Views .
CURRENT ACC CONVICTIONS FROM 2000 TO 20186523 Views .
CURRENT CASES IN COURT6451 Views .
National Anti-Corruption Strategy 2019-20236383 Views .
2019 Comms Strategy_FINAL6340 Views .
Police Service-Delivery-Charter-2015-final-26090 Views .
ELECTRICITY service_delivery_charter_EDSA5801 Views .
Press Release - ACC Head Office5621 Views .
APPEAL CASES5372 Views .